- New parliamentary club chief for Poland’s opposition Nowoczesna April 26, 2017
The leader of Poland's opposition Nowoczesna (Modern) party announced on Wednesday that he has stepped aside as the head of its parliamentary caucus.
- Fighting in Donbass escalating: Ukrainian army April 26, 2017
The conflict between Ukrainian government forces and the pro-Russian separatists in the Donbass region in eastern Ukraine has intensified, the Ukrainian army has said.
- US missile defence is ‘destabilising factor’: Russian defence minister April 26, 2017
The deployment of parts of a missile defence system by the US in countries including Poland is a "destabilising factor", Russian Defence Minister Sergei Shoigu said on Wednesday.
- Internet use in Poland up 30% over 10 years April 26, 2017
Two-thirds of adult Poles use the internet at least once a week, about 30 percent more than 10 years ago, a new survey has found.
- Jazz fest in Wrocław April 26, 2017
American sax player Ravi Coltrane, the son of the legendary John Coltrane, is one of the star attractions of the Jazz on the Odra Festival which opens on Wednesday in Wrocław, south-western Poland.
- Top aide to Polish president in US visit April 26, 2017
Krzysztof Szczerski, the head of the Polish president’s office, on Wednesday starts a trip to Washington and New York, where he will meet US officials.
- Polish economy developing dynamically: PM April 26, 2017
The latest drop in unemployment shows that the Polish economy is developing dynamically, Prime Minister Beata Szydło said on Wednesday.
- Unemployment in Poland drops to 8.1%: statistics office April 26, 2017
Unemployment in Poland dropped to a historic low of 8.1 percent in March, the country’s Central Statistical Office said on Wednesday.
- Polish president optimistic after trip to Mexico April 26, 2017
As his three-day visit to Mexico drew to an end, Polish President Andrzej Duda said he saw "great opportunity" for Polish business development in Mexico.
- Poland to see 3.9% GDP growth in 2019-2020: gov’t April 26, 2017
The Polish economy is seen growing at a healthy rate of 3.9 percent in both 2019 and 2020, under a multiannual financial plan adopted by the government.
- US considers axeing aid to Poland, Warsaw to keep in touch with Washington: report April 26, 2017
Warsaw will keep in touch with Washington, Poland's foreign ministry said in response to a report which suggested that Poland could stop getting aid from America, the onet.pl website said.
- Polish speedway racer wakes from coma after crash April 26, 2017
Polish speedway racer Tomasz Gollob has been woken out of an induced coma after he injured his spine in an accident on Sunday.
- Hannover fair shows ‘new face of Poland’: deputy PM April 25, 2017
Deputy Prime Minister Jarosław Gowin has said that the Hannover Messe, the biggest industrial fair in Europe, has shown “the new face of Poland” – creative, modern and innovative.
- Hungarian FM: Poland should respect Budapest’s decision to uphold Moscow ties April 25, 2017
Hungary’s foreign minister has said the country plans to uphold ties with Moscow, adding that Poland should respect the decision.
- Moody’s upgrades Poland’s 2018 GDP forecast April 25, 2017
The Moody’s rating agency has upgraded Poland’s 2018 GDP forecast to 3.1% from a January projection of 2.8%.