- Visegrad Group leaders to meet in Warsaw February 27, 2017
The prime ministers of the Visegrad Group countries will hold talks in Warsaw on Thursday, Polish government spokesman Rafał Bochenek has said.
- Special coins mark Poland’s post-WWII anti-communist resistance February 27, 2017
Poland’s central bank (NBP) on Monday issued two special silver coins commemorating the country’s post-WWII anti-communist resistance movement.
- UK PM to announce end of free movement for new EU migrants: report February 27, 2017
British Prime Minister Theresa May is next month set to announce an end to free movement within the UK for new EU migrants, The Telegraph daily has reported.
- Polish security bureau chief in UK visit February 27, 2017
The head of Poland’s National Security Bureau (BBN), Paweł Soloch, travelled to the UK to discuss bilateral relations and NATO cooperation with his British counterpart.
- EIB loaned Poland EUR 4.4bn last year February 27, 2017
The European Investment Bank gave Poland loans totalling over EUR 4.4 billion (USD 4.6bn) last year, supporting investment in railways, roads and small and medium-sized enterprises, a senior bank offi …
- Polish women 9th in team sprint event at Lahti, men 10th February 27, 2017
Poland’s Justyna Kowalczyk and Ewelina Marcisz came ninth in the final of team sprint event at the FIS Nordic World Ski Championships in Lahti, Finland.
- PiS will rule for at least 12 years: deputy PM February 27, 2017
Poland’s governing Law and Justice (PiS) party will likely rule for at least 12 years, until 2027, deputy Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki has said.
- Thousands run in memory of Poland's 'Cursed Soldiers' February 26, 2017
Some 60,000 people throughout Poland have participated in memorial runs dedicated to members of post-WWII anti-communist resistance movements.
- Polish ex-priest refused entry to UK February 26, 2017
A former Polish Catholic priest, known for his nationalistic sentiments, has been stopped for questioning and refused entry to the UK by British border guards.
- Poland marks national anthem's 90th year February 26, 2017
A crowd has gathered at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Warsaw for a concert marking 90 years since an 18th century patriotic song became Poland's national anthem.
- Polish ski jumpers land short of podium in Lahti February 26, 2017
Polish ski jumper Kamil Stoch has come in fourth place with 262.5 points at a competition in Lahti, in southern Finland, but remains at the top of the World Cup leaderboard.
- NATO AWACS plane at Polish airport February 26, 2017
A Boeing E-3 Sentry with Airborne Early Warning and Control System (AWACS) has landed at a military airport in the Polish capital after patrolling NATO's eastern flank, the IAR news agency said o …
- Warning over water levels in parts of Poland February 26, 2017
Rivers in parts of central Poland may reach dangerously high levels, the country's Institute of Meteorology and Water Management (IMiGW) has warned.
- Wind, rain wreaks havok in Poland February 25, 2017
Firefighters were called out more than 1,600 times as strong wind and heavy rain wreaked havoc in Poland, a State Fire Service spokesman said on Saturday.
- Pole wins 800 metre race in Madrid February 25, 2017
Poland's Adam Kszczot has won the 800 metres at a meet in Madrid, in the run-up to the European Indoor Athletics Championships start in Belgrade on 3 March.